Friday, April 20, 2007

I Love YouTube

Before I get to that, a few quick things:

The surgeon has pronounced me healed, for the most part. All my stitches were subcutaneous (inside!) and I just had some strips of tape that initially held my incision together on the outside, but I peeled those off and everything looks good. I can bound up the stairs two at a time now, and pick up Abby. She was pleased.

Jake had his first "all-crib" night with no time spent sleeping in the cradle in our room. It went OK, although he had a long stretch of restlessness where he couldn't sleep on his own. Otherwise, he's coming along, and he's already 4 weeks old.

I only have two weeks of the semester left, but then Lisa has to go back to school until the end of her year, which is in June.

I'll get more pics of everyone up soon.

Now, YouTube: initially I always thought of Nick and Beth when Youtube came up, mostly because Beth's boss, Paul Robinett, is a "Youtube personality," to say the least. Also, while in Columbus with N & B over Dad's birthday last summer, we all made a video-card for him that prominently featured Annika and Abby and posted it on YouTube for him to see from home.

But now most of my YouTube activity comes through links provided by column writers on ESPN.com, who can easily post a link to just about any event that's ever happened, because someone posted the video on YouTube. I mean, why describe the final play in the career of the cockiest high-school basketball prospect ever - a slam dunk off an alleyoop from himself followed by throwing the ball into the stands and getting ejected - when you can link to it instead? It's nice to know that any sports play of signficance that you missed from the night before (or 20 years ago will be there on YouTube in no time - even the recent incident at a Red Sox game featuring a foul ball, two fans, an oufielder, lots of spilled beer and a flying piece of pizza (hi-larious). Oh, and go see Bo Jackson score a 99-yard Tecmobowl touchdown on a play that takes up an entire quarter. The fun . . . is endless!

And here it ends.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah, YouTube. I wish I felt the same carefree love for YouTube as I once did.

At least the hours I spend on it now are billable! :)