Friday, July 20, 2007

Pixar and Potter

I'm a sucker for Top Ten or Top 40 lists. I'm not addicted, but I'm definitely interested. I've watched parts of stupid things like "Top 40 Heavy Metal Moments" on VH1. Not because I sought out to do so, but because I was flipping channels and found it.

Anyhow, after seeing Ratatouille on the 4th of July, I've now seen all eight Pixar films. What follows is how I rank them, from most to least favorite, based on only one viewing of Ratatouille. Note that I'm not saying which movie is best - there's a big difference a "Top Ten Movies of All Time" list and a "My Favorite Movies List." Here goes:
  1. The Incredibles
  2. Cars
  3. Toy Story 2
  4. Finding Nemo
  5. Ratatouille
  6. Toy Story
  7. Monsters, Inc.
  8. A Bug's Life
Discuss.

And have you ever considered the sheer number of celebrities that have contributed their voices to these movies? I almost started making a list and then realized how long it would be.

Finally: in less than 90 minutes it will be July 21st, and I will be heading to the store that is a center of all-things literary: Meijer. I'll return some pop cans, get some groceries, and pick up a copy of Harry Potter 7, and try to resist reading any before I go to bed. I'll probably fail.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I would have to rate Pixar films as such:

# The Incredibles
# Toy Story 2
# Finding Nemo
# Toy Story
# Ratatouille
# Monsters, Inc.
# A Bug's Life
# Cars

That being said, all of these films still stand heads and tails above almost every other animated film out there (not to mention every other film out there). "Incredibles" is one of my all-time favorite films - close to perfect.

Nick said...

So here's another question... what's your favorite Pixar movie moment?