Sunday, July 19, 2009

HP6

A sixth Hewlett-Packard? Of course not...

Lisa and I saw the sixth Harry Potter movie the other day. I think they've mostly improved since the first one, mostly in terms of the presentation of the characters and story. I thought this movie had the best dialogue and character interaction - there wasn't anything that I thought was really cheesy and made my eyes roll all over the place. Some of the lines from the previous movies were excruciating. However, this far into the series I'm taking the special effects for granted, and given that there wasn't anything spectacular in terms of action (it was all very good, but nothing way better than every other movie out there) I don't feel the need to see it again. As good as it was, the movies just can't compete with the richness of the books. It'd be fun to watch all the movies again, but not as rewarding as reading all the books again. The Lord of the Rings movies mean much more to me than the HP films. And...that's my big grand opinion on it all.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Dan and I were disappointed that there wasn't a battle scene at the end.

Lisa said...

I was too!