Friday, May 30, 2008

Coolest Field Trip Ever

This morning Abby's preschool went on a field trip, as they frequently do. It was also the official celebration of Abby's birthday, since school won't be in session during her birthday in July. Anyway, I joined them and drove a few kids to the airport to visit the hangar where the Alticor (formerly Amway) Corporation keeps their planes. The kids might enjoy the pumpkin patch or the Critter Barn more, but for me it was the greatest ever. We got to see the gigantic hangar complex, which can hold around 10 jets (and a helicopter) and then toured the interior of some super-fancy jets, a gazillion times nicer than anything I've ever flown in. The kids got to sit in the pilot's seat and test out the leather seats in back. These are the jets that the Alticor bigwigs and their families (Devos's and Van Andel's, I presume) use to fly all over the world. Very, very, very cool.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Oh my goodness, that's the sweetest field trip - I wanna go back to school!

They to do more field trips just for the parents. See if you can get the school to take the kids to Founder's.